If you’re looking for something unique and creative for your fall home decor, try making your own hoop wreath! I made mine from a few dollars worth of materials and in only a few hours time. I’m also including some downloadable options if you would like to add some fun fall elements to your wreath! The supply list contains affiliate links. Thanks for supporting my site! 🙂
1 tall metal plant stake
Spray paint (I used hammered bronze)
1 foot of wide ribbon for hanging
Glue gun and glue sticks
Small amount of Spanish moss
Fall grass and florals
Invisible line or clear fishing line
Printed circular graphic
How to make the Hoop Wreath:
- Bend the plant stake into a circular form.
- Spray paint the hoop your desired color
- Glue a small amount of Spanish moss across the bottom of the hoop with a hot glue gun.
- Arrange the flowers and grasses the way you want them on your wreath.
- Starting with the bottom grasses and flowers, glue them in place with the glue gun. Tuck the ends into the Spanish moss.
- Print the circular graphics onto printer paper.
- Glue one of the circles onto a piece of cardboard or cardstock using spray adhesive.
- When dry, cut out the circle.
- Glue another paper circle to the other side of your cutout. I added some chalk paint details to the squirrel in green, gray, and tan, but that’s optional. The graphics include several options so you can make your circle reversible.
- Make a small hole in the top of the circle for hanging it.
- String invisible line through the hole.
- Tie the clear line to the wreath.
- Put a wide ribbon at the top for hanging.
- You’re done!