Winter Wonderland Decor Ideas
Isn’t there something magical about a Christmas interior full of sparkle: glittery snowflakes, glistening tinsel, and shimmering candles and crystal? Quite an elegant take on the holidays, this look transports us to a winter wonderland full of peace and tranquility.
For my own home, I always have a bit of icy monochromatic winter decor in at least part of the house. I really love it. If you are planning a winter wonderland, here are 10 ideas to try.
- Add some flocked greenery garlands or trees, or lightly spray some with faux snow for a frosty look.
- Use textures in a monochromatic color scheme of white, cream, and light taupe.
- Add shiny glass in the form of crystal icicles, mercury glass ornaments, votives, and dishes, and leaded, beveled glass.
- Glittered ornaments like snowflakes and even branches add to the magical feel.
- For textiles, look for beading and subtle sequins to reflect light and add to the holiday glow.
- Bring some white birch twigs or logs indoors for a woodsy effect.
- Along with whites, mix in some metallics for contrast and even more shine.
- Switch out your usual throw blankets for some in soft, snowy white.
- Crystals from an old chandelier make terrific ornaments hung from birch branches or on the Christmas tree.
- Create a soft glittering glow in the room by turning down your main lights and adding in flickering candles and whitewashed or weathered lanterns.
I haven’t started decorating yet. I really need to get started this week! And I will be looking forward to creating my own little winter wonderland!
Here are 27 amazing finds all available from Amazon, delivered straight to you!
Have a beautiful day! 🙂